Throughout the year, Graymoor Ecumenical & Interreligious Institute is involved in ecumenical and interreligious events including, but not limited to, the following:
- Twice per year, GEII sends representatives to the Faith and Order Commission of the National Council of Churches. Twice per year, representatives are sent to the National Council of Churches' Regional and Local Ecumenical Networks. Once per year, or every other year, representatives are sent to the meetings of the North American Academy of Ecumenists, the American Academy of Religion, and the Ecclesiological Investigations International Research Network.
- Twice per year, a representative is sent to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops-National Council of Synagogues dialogue. Once per year, a representative is sent to the meeting of the Council of Centers on Jewish-Christian Relations.
- A centerpiece of GEII’s year is the annual observance of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. Our primary commitment during this time is to help others in their confessional and ecumenical activities pertaining to the Week of Prayer, producing materials for dissemination and reflection, and speaking to communities on request. Fr. Jim Loughran and Fr. Tom Orians are available for speaking engagements relating to the Week of Prayer; please contact Fr. Tom for more information. GEII also sponsors an annual breakfast at the National Workshop on Christian Unity.
- GEII sends faculty to the annual Summer Course on Ecumenical and Interreligious Dialogue from a Roman Catholic Perpective at the Centro Pro Unione in Rome.
- Multiple times each year, GEII collaborates with historical centers of ecumenical education (Catholic Theological Union in Chicago, the Atlantic School of Theology in Halifax, and the Centro Pro Unione in Rome) to host the Paul Wattson Lecture Series. The Paul Wattson Lectures honor the memory of Servant of God Father Paul of Graymoor (1863–1940), founder of the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement and pioneer for the cause of Christian Unity. The lectures feature national and international leaders in the fields of ecumenism and interreligious dialogue to speak on current topics of interest.
- Periodically, GEII hosts lectures, workshops, dialogues, and other one-off events at the Interchurch Center (New York, NY) and at the Graymoor Spiritual Life Center (Garrison, NY). GEII also collaborates with other organizations in the New York area to realize events aligned with the Institute’s mission.
If you or your organization is interested in collaborating with GEII on events of ecumenical or interreligious significance, please contact Dr. Aaron Hollander, GEII Associate Director.